Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A small peek at the test results

Good Morning All:

As I've promised I'd like to update you on at least some of the midpoint tests that I've been able to take thus far. I was not able to have the bone marrow biopsy yesterday as scheduled because a medicine that I was taking was supposed to have been stopped over the weekend and someone forgot to tell me. As a result the bone marrow biopsy will be taken on Friday (and my admittance for round 5 is tentatively scheduled for Monday, January 5th).

I did get a full-body CT Scan yesterday. The test is very, very short and the results are almost instantaneous. My treatment team had a chance to review the scans of the lymph nodes in my body after I left and my Nurse Practitioner called me later in the day to give me an idea of what they saw.

Audra said the scans looked great. She went on to say that all areas where lymph nodes were swollen due to lymphoma showed great improvement. They had even improved over the unplanned scans taken in October when they were checking for an infection! I guess there is little more to see from the CT Scans than that and the news seems to be very positive, yet again. She did not provide me any measurements but I will get those from her when I'm next at Hopkins and will pass along any more details I get.

--Russ.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Russ, great news on the scan and beating down the cold. Have a great New Year. Rob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Russ
    I am so glad to hear the good news on the scans. We will continue to pray that you and your family remain strong throughout this processn and that you all remain healthy through this winter season. Remember with the Lord's help you can remain strong through this difficult time. "I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. I can do all things through him who strengthens me." Philippians 4: 12-13.
    Happy New Year to you and your family

    Tracey Strong and family

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome news, Russ. Glad to hear it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Russ
    Glad to hear the good news. Hang in there!
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is excellent news!

    Hey, I found a sticky note where I had written "Bad stapler!" and you had added "It wouldn't sit. It wouldn't heel." It still cracks me up. Happy New Year!

    - Liz

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment and or ask questions when moved to do so. I will try to respond when and where appropriate.