Saturday, January 3, 2009

Today's the day

Good Morning All:

Looks like round 5 starts today. I'll update everyone when I'm actually admitted and wearing the ever-stylish hospital gown.

I had the bone marrow biopsy done yesterday--it was quick and uneventful though I'm a little sore today from it. While waiting for the supplies for the procedure, I had a chance to ask the Nurse Practitioner, Audra, her thoughts on me coaching Nolan's baseball team since I'm coming up on a critical point where I would need to let the parents of his teammates know whether I'm coaching or not. Audra believes that timing-wise it should work (something I'd worked out several times already) and that she wouldn't anticipate a major shift in my physical condition as a result of the future chemo treatments. Her input on one of the goals I set for myself meant a lot--seems like I might get there!

The results from yesterday's biopsy will be ready around the middle of next week. As those results are available I'll pass them along. Again, I've been told that everyone would reasonably anticipate that the marrow is following suit with the lymph nodes. I'd love to have that sort of good news with the marrow. The nice thing is that I'll be hit with a percentage of 'infection' with the biopsy results--an actual number that I can latch onto.

Thanks for continuing to check in, I'll write you from Hopkins next!

--Russ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment and or ask questions when moved to do so. I will try to respond when and where appropriate.