Monday, January 5, 2009

Update

Good Morning All:

Not a tremendous amount to report today. I continue the process for round A3. I'm on the fourth floor here and not the typical 5th floor--consider it the 4th floor annexation of some extra 4th floor space. The room is officially in the 'female cancers' wing but 5 rooms have been blocked off for expanded hematology care and hematology nurses are assigned to the patient care down here on a rotating basis.

This is the second time I've been assigned a room on the 4th floor and I'm beginning to notice a slight disconnect between the doctors/nurses on this wing and my primary care team on the 5th floor. It is more common for the nurses to deliver changes in protocol down here which prompts my inquisitive my to ask what the cause of the change is. Nothing major so far, just disconcerting at times.

So far I believe that I'm on track for a Wednesday release . . .I'll keep everyone posted!

--Russ.

3 comments:

  1. Keep on hanging in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's to you coming home on time!
    I don't have a personal email to send you the link and I'm not sure how often you check your Westat one so here's the link for the fundraiser. It was great to ring in the New Year with you.
    http://pages.teamintraining.org/nca/shamrock09/breeve

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Brian:

    I feature your donation site prominently in tomorrow's post. Thanks for mentioning me in it and for getting up and running a few miles on my behalf. When you're done perhaps you can raise a few on my behalf as well . . .

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment and or ask questions when moved to do so. I will try to respond when and where appropriate.