Sunday, January 4, 2009

Update

Here I am at Hopkins.

I got here yesterday afternoon and in the evening they hung the first dose of chemo. My thinking is that they are looking for a Wednesday discharge and to be able to couple those events with my 'envelope' meeting with Dr. Connolly if my bone marrow biopsy results are available.

So, for now I'll content myself with being a good patient, keeping my informed eye on the treatment proceedings, watching the football games, etc. I'm on the floor where sleep comes a bit easier but meals come too early--4:00 for dinner?!

All-in-all, I feel great and continue to answer 'no' to the litany of questions that I get multiple times per day from Nurses at shift change and Doctors on rounds. These questions point out all the awful side effects from treatment that I might have but don't. There is no other way to feel about that than thankful. I'm also pleased that the treatment team feels that if I haven't experienced the worst of these yet that I won't be likely to going forward--I'd welcome that.

--Russ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment and or ask questions when moved to do so. I will try to respond when and where appropriate.