Sunday, January 25, 2009

Update

Good Morning All:

I'm finally going home from round 6 today. This one seemed particularly long because, well, it was. For a B-cycle treatment this one spanned about as much time as it could and so I am now very eager to return home to the wife and kids.

We knew when I came in on Wednesday for an out-patient blood check that if all were in order they would try to admit me. As it turns out this became possible and so I stayed.

But there were delays in getting started and resulting timing issues throughout this stay that resulted in a normally three day cycle keeping me here beyond 5 days--sigh. Just glad to have it behind me and to be on the verge of going home.

Positive notes: Round 6's hospital stay can be crossed off the list as can spinal tap number 10. I still feel good and strong and upbeat (when I'm not grousing about hospital food)--and to the best of anyone's knowledge still cancer-free.

--Russ.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Russ,
    Glad to know Round 6 is done!! You must feel great only two more and you'll be back to your old/new routine. Yippee! Continue your excellent attitude and steadfastness! Any limericks come to mind?

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Home! Your long stay coincided with my longest run so far (ever really). It seems like forever but you get through it. Knowing you were hanging in there for an extra day got me through my runs for the weekend. 8 miles on Saturday and an "easy" 3 mile run today. You are an inspiration. Keep the good, strong positive attitude. You help yourself as well as those around you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! You're at 3rd base ready to score a run! Hang in there!

    - Liz

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment and or ask questions when moved to do so. I will try to respond when and where appropriate.