Monday, January 12, 2009

The end of rock stardom


After Thursday's eventful news I've been wondering what to write next. For all the hoopla of last week's revelation, there is still the business of getting through the full 8 cycles of treatment. Today, I arrived unceremoniously at the outpatient center at Hopkins and went through the same rituals of blood tests, a pending blood transfusion (as I write this), and waiting, waiting, waiting.

I did receive word that my remaining 3 spinal taps will be spread over the remaining treatment cycles. I'm happy for the temporary reprieve in needing to endure another one in the coming days.

Otherwise, its another day at Hopkins and I'm not nearly the cancer patient/rock star today that I have been since late last week. "Keep marching soldier. The front is that way."

4 comments:

  1. I suppose slogging through mud loses its appeal but you're still a rock star! You should buy a rock star wig in a crazy color to look the part. :)

    - Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. ....and the troops keep marching on!! You have just 4 more to go or is it 3 treatments? It's countdown time!!

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marie:

    I just received the last dose of chemo for round 5 today and have 3 more rounds to go. Blood counts have bottomed out and, if history is any indication, should recover within the next couple of days . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! It's a picture of the elusive Russius Frenchius complete with the highly advanced technological tools he uses to hunt and forage.

    Keep hanging in there!

    - Liz

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment and or ask questions when moved to do so. I will try to respond when and where appropriate.