Sunday, December 14, 2008

Midway

Well, I've made it to another milestone. I'm home now from my 4th round of treatment, or, halfway. I'm glad to be on the downslope of this process and am eager to have the tests that will show my progress to date.

The hospital stays are getting to be tedious and the homecomings all the more sweet as this process goes along. I can only imagine how I'll feel coming home from number 8.

A brief correction to a previous post is in order. The spinal tap I had while in the hospital was not number 5, it was number 7. Number 8 of 12 is scheduled for sometime this coming week.

All told I feel pretty good. Like the prior 'B' treatment, I've retained a lot of fluids from my hospital stay. It is somewhat uncomfortable to deal with and interferes with sleep but being home more than makes up for any of that.

--Russ.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome home! :D

    - Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Home Russ! Glad to see everything is remaining "unremarkable"!

    Keith

    ReplyDelete
  3. one word: diuretic

    See if the doctors will put you on one to get rid of the excess water gain.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment and or ask questions when moved to do so. I will try to respond when and where appropriate.