Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Delays

Good Morning All:

Well, the news wasn't as I might have hoped yesterday. While my platelet counts are recovering they are not yet at a level that will permit me to begin round 4. I was a little disappointed and surprised that I'll need to wait several days before getting another check of the blood counts. This means that the earliest I'll be admitted would be Friday.

This isn't a major deal except that it is a rare disappointment in what has been an unremarkable series of treatments. So, in the meantime, I'm home. I'll be engaging in my regular 'schedule' of daily activities and will be sprinkling in some well-timed holiday preparations while I have energy, time and white blood cells.

--Russ.

3 comments:

  1. Aw, bummer. :( Well, you're still moving along.
    You can write a letter to Santa asking him to send you some platelets early.

    - Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep on hanging in there-this, too, shall pass! You'll be back consulting with the tree surgeons about the next treatment before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Russ...great news about the CT findings! I hope you had a great Thanksgiving with friends and family and that everything goes as scheduled for Friday!

    Keith

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment and or ask questions when moved to do so. I will try to respond when and where appropriate.