Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Overdue update

Good Morning:

Well, I was at Hopkins yesterday and I'm back again today. On Sunday I started showing symptoms of having a cold, primarily a miserable runny nose. I came to Hopkins yesterday and since my temperature was up they did cultures to determine if I had any of the particularly nasty viral infections (influenza, RSV). So far it looks like a mundane little cold that is having a field day in my body without white blood cells to impede it.

I woke up this AM with a fever and so I played good patient and let the nurses know. So, here I am, more cultures being run to rule out who-knows-what and a platelet transfusion in the offing.

--Russ.

3 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better in time for Christmas!

    - Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Russ,

    I am hoping you are better and have a magical Christmas with your entire family!

    Happy and Healthy 2009!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ho, Ho, Ho, Merry Christmas. Wishing all the best to you, Marla, Nolan, Audrey, Mom and Dad. Have a joyous, magical, fun, dry nose of a day!

    Marie and family

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment and or ask questions when moved to do so. I will try to respond when and where appropriate.