Friday, December 12, 2008

Update

Well this round has seen its share of delays. Not only did I wait a week for my platelets to elevate enough to allow for treatment but there have been delays during my inpatient stay here to where I'll need to be in the hospital a little longer than I might have hoped. Where there was an outside chance that I'd go home today if everything went smoothly it is now looking like either late Saturday or early Sunday that I'll get to return home.

Much that happens here is based on timing. When the administration of one drug ends a test gets run and another drug begins. When these transitions don't run smoothly hours of delay quickly turn into new days in the hospital.

All-in-all things continue to progress in my favorite unremarkable fashion. I had my 5th spinal tap yesterday and it went well as spinal taps go.

As an update to yesterday's post, I did learn from my evening nurse, Amy, that the people who brought around the blankets, hats, scarves come almost monthly to Hopkins! Knowing that there are people who spend months as an inpatient here I am certain they look forward to that!

--Russ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment and or ask questions when moved to do so. I will try to respond when and where appropriate.