Monday, November 3, 2008

Update/Funny story

Good Morning All:

I'm just giving a quick 'hello' and a reminder that I'm headed to Hopkins to try and get Friday's failed spinal tap out of the way. I'll be there most of the day.

Wanted to relay a funny exchange between my kids Audrey (age 4) and Nolan (age 7) yesterday. After a fairly quiet day at home we let the kids watch a movie last night. As always we let them negotiate with each other to try and arrive at the final selection. Audrey was interested in Aladdin while Nolan was thinking Peter Pan and they weren't really negotiating and instead were simply re-stating what they wanted to hear.

At one point Nolan wisely suggested, "Why don't we do Rock, Paper, Scissors, Shoot?" At this suggestion Audrey promptly replied, "Silly Nolan, we don't have that movie." As you can imagine Marla and I laughed heartily at this.

For those wondering what movie we ended up watching: Nolan won the Rock, Paper, Scissors best-two-out-of-three. I put Peter Pan in the DVD player and then the two of them decided that they would rather see the Rescue Heroes movie. Consensus reached we relaxed the last bit of a quiet Sunday away in our basement watching the Rescue Heroes save the world from certain doom.

1 comment:

  1. Hee! I was lucky growing up because my sister didn't care for movies so I could watch all my favorites when I wanted to.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment and or ask questions when moved to do so. I will try to respond when and where appropriate.