Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Milestone Update!

Good afternoon All!

Just wanted to share a bit of cheer with everyone who is checking in on me. As you all know, one of the most daunting parts of my treatment plan has proven to be the 12 spinal taps that I was slated to endure. My plan calls for 2 taps each of the 8 rounds of treatment with the exception of rounds 7 and 8. So far the fluid claimed during these taps indicate that cancer has NOT invaded my Central Nervous System and so the chemo treatments I receive at these times are preventative in nature.

This morning I received spinal tap number 6 (#7 if you count the earlier failed one). It was a peice of cake and I am now smiling at the downslope of the "spinal-taps-to-go" tally. I'm not yet half way through with anything else but as this was a source of pain and frustration in the early going it is nice to know that I've made it halfway through--PARTY!

--Russ.

6 comments:

  1. Woooo-Hooooo!!! PARTY!!!! Downhill looks great! Somewhere in my cancer-related wanderings, someone told me that the best question to ask a cancer patient is "How are you doing TODAY" and today, my friend, you are ROCKING and ROLLING!!
    PS-I voted for sticking with "Hanging in there"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!
    I raise my glass to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You call this a party, I like your sense of humor, good job with all that is going on. I have been waiting for some good news and it came from you. Glad to hear this is going so well. Keep this personality, it suits you. God Bless.

    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeehaw! Party like it's 1999! :D

    - Liz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great news Russ! Does it make the LP's any easier to take knowing its just prophylactic and surveillance?

    Keith

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Keith:

    Hard to compare since I'm not 'forced' into them for treatment purposes. Clearly the prospect of having cancer attack my CNS is a fantastic motivator for making sure it isn't there. I will say that when they were remarkably painful I was beginning to question whether I'd make it through all 12. Now I know I will.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment and or ask questions when moved to do so. I will try to respond when and where appropriate.