Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I've gotten the call!

Good Morning All:

Finally. Something to post and its good news! Yesterday I went to Hopkins for the first time since last Monday when I tested postive for the flu virus for a second time. This time they wanted to admit me on the spot since I did not have any of the flu symptoms! I wasn't prepared to be admitted on the spot so we compromised and settled on today. I've already received the call that a bed is open and I will be high-tailing it to Baltimore this AM to claim my spot for the 8th and final round of chemotherapy.

I had to scramble a bit since my logic led me to believe that the earliest I would be admitted was Wednesday. As a result I had several things scheduled for today. But, it seems like it will all work out and more importantly I'm finally back on track to finish up my chemotherapy regimen.

I should be in the hospital through Thursday receiving chemotherapy and released on Friday!

--Russ.

3 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Go, Russ, go! :D

    - Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope is well and you make it through this with flying colors....sayin a prayer for ya hear in va zman sends

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there Russ,
    I haven't communicated in a while but I've been keeping tabs on your progress. Yippee!! Ain't that GREAT, you're at number EIGHT!! It's just like having chocolate cake!! per our favorite comedian BC. So once you're done, fill us in on what's coming down your new road to recovery. Work, play, kids, outings, etc.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment and or ask questions when moved to do so. I will try to respond when and where appropriate.