Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Delays continue - I'm moving on . . .

Good Afternoon All:

It seems that this influenza thing has really derailed the progress I was making. Monday's culture again tested positive for influenza and so the final chemotherapy treatment is again on hold. While this is disappointing because I want to be done with chemotherapy and back into the normal routines, the delays had already made things uncomfortable with appointments that I had originally thought to be safe all of the sudden being made 'up in the air' pending test results. So just about every delay has a silver lining as I am told I'll be able to make some appointment that I had already committed to.

The current plan has me reporting to Hopkins on Monday, March 30 for another test to see if I have finally gotten rid of the flu bug. Perhaps that points to an April 1 (how fitting) admit date but at this point I'm done guessing. Instead, I'm doing the things I had planned to be doing at this point. I'm engaging more at work (even though I'm not going in yet) and getting into full swing with Nolan's baseball team. I'll continue to make plans and to hedge my bets as I make them. Eventually this last round will be underway, then completed. Until then I'll be my antsy self when I'm stuck in the house but at least I'll have several more things to throw my thoughts and energies into.

--Russ.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Russ

    Hope you feel better really soon... Warm weather should be here soon to kick all the bad germs in the butt.

    Tracey

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment and or ask questions when moved to do so. I will try to respond when and where appropriate.