Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Flu + Suppression of the Immune System = Delay

Good Afternoon All:

Sorry for not posting sooner the results of Thursday's appointment. As expected the team at Hopkins opted to give me the weekend to kick the flu out of the system before re-testing me. I am scheduled to travel back to Hopkins on Monday for an afternoon appointment. By Tuesday they should have an idea as to whether the influenza culture grows or not.

If nothing happens I should be cleared to get admitted on Wednesday. One single complication exists as I see it: Thursday's blood test also showed that my platelets dipped below the threshold again. They weren't far below the threshold and I would expect that as I started to feel better the platelet production started back up again, but . . .

Anyway, I feel pretty good that Wednesday is going to happen and I am looking forward to it. I'll keep you posted!

--Russ.

3 comments:

  1. I was treated at John Hopkins for Cancer in 08 (Spindle Cell Sarcoma) Dr Weber did the surgery. I had neutrapenic issues as well, 2 bouts of it after sessions of chemo. Best advice would be to eat right and stay upbeat get out as much as you can..exercise and all that. My cancer came back in my lung but again had it removed. Fight that is my advice...Zman sends

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so totally in my families prayers..be strong and rely on friends and family..Zman sends

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there, Russ! I know you'll shake it off and get back on track.

    - Liz

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment and or ask questions when moved to do so. I will try to respond when and where appropriate.