Thursday, March 5, 2009

Update

Good Morning All:

Just a quick update of a slightly minor but nice development from yesterday's trip to Hopkins. As you are all aware I have my eyes set on my final hospital admission to begin the 8th and final round of my treatment regimen.

The analysis of my bloodwork yesterday showed that my white blood cells are coming out of neutrapenia (I should be 'out of the woods' today)--the first step in me getting out of round 7 and into round 8.

Avid readers of my blog(s) should recognize that the platelets have been the slowers of progress recently and they may still be a bit of a bugaboo as they are still slowly dropping as a result of the round 7 chemo treatments. The question is whether they will drop low enough to warrant a transfusion that would provide a nice boost toward the threshold levels needed to start the next round or if I will start making platelets on my own in the next few days to where I will likely take a much slower road to getting round 8 started.

In any event, round 8 is before me!

--Russ.

1 comment:

  1. Woo hoo, Russ! Whether it's via home-grown platelets (slow, but home-grown) or the short-cut of transfusion matters not. On to round 8 is a sweet refrain!
    -paul

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment and or ask questions when moved to do so. I will try to respond when and where appropriate.