Monday, March 16, 2009

Update - The delays continue

Good Morning All:

Well, Friday came and went and still no hospital admission. My platelets hadn't gotten to the mandatory 60,000 level and the effects of a virus call into question whether I would have been admitted anyway as certain measures of liver functioning were thrown out of whack. I generally felt ok with the exception of a minor stomach ache--until this weekend. I now have a full-blown cold of some sort (I hope it isn't pneumonia again, something I'm sure they'll take measures to confirm or rule out today). I'm coughing so much that my ribs hurt.

I'll continue to go back to the clinic every Monday, Wednesday and Friday until they deem my body ready to receive this last dose of chemo. I suspect that it won't be today given how I feel, perhaps Wednesday.

On a more positive note, the baseball season for my son's team begins tomorrow! We're getting the kids out for a short practice--exciting!

--Russ.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, Russ. :(
    I hope it's not pneumonia either.
    Though yay for baseball! :D

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment and or ask questions when moved to do so. I will try to respond when and where appropriate.