Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Update

Good Morning!

Well, it took all day yesterday to come to the determination that I was able to come home. My body needed to get rid of the primary chemo drug that I was given on this round. By the time the test was taken, analyzed, and a decision made it was almost 4:00. But the doctors decided to release me and so I got home around 7:45 last night!

Did I ever sleep. I pretty much went to bed at 8:30 and slept for 10 hours--something I never do. It amazes me just how hard it is to sleep in a hospital.

Just an upate on my prior post about my case being boring. Yesterday they skipped me altogether on rounds--I'll take it.

Finally, I'll be curious to see what side effects I get on this round of treatment. The chemo drugs and steroids they are using on this regimen are different. The mouth sores are a bit more common on this one from what I understand. Fortunately I'm not seeing any of those yet.

I already have gotten 'puffy' from the steroid they've given me--I put on 10 pounds of water weight in one day. The doctors didn't believe me until they reviewed the charts! Let's hope that is about as exciting as the side effects get since my primary doctor indicates that my reactions to these first times through the two regimen will pretty much dictate what I can expect for the remaining treatments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment and or ask questions when moved to do so. I will try to respond when and where appropriate.