Saturday, October 18, 2008

Good News!

I had a follow up visit at Hopkins yesterday. My bloodcounts rebounded quickly and I am well on my way to round 2 of chemotherapy. I even get a week off of follow up visits, can back off on about 7 medications I've been taking daily, and could show my face in public!
So far it seems that my body is handling the dosing well, not betraying me by giving in to the nasty side-effects (hair loss aside), and is staying strong. I am coming to realize that this, along with a smooth, unremarkable movement through the plan my doctors have for me is probably what I should be shooting for. 1/8 of the treatment is behind me and I'm encouraged for similar results in what remains to be experienced.
For those who are interested, I added a link in the links section to a web page that details the treatment plan that I am on. 8 rounds of chemo, 2 different cycles that alternate within those 8 rounds. Round 2 is likely to begin with a hospital stay beginning Friday, October 24th that would last that weekend and perhaps through Monday.

1 comment:

  1. I think the Mohawk is Wicked cool...but I wouldn't want to mistake you for those Tampa Bay Ray boys....UGHHHHH!!!!! ah well...better luck next year Red Sox.
    Great seeing you and the family this weekend - the kids had a blast :-)
    W

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment and or ask questions when moved to do so. I will try to respond when and where appropriate.