Saturday, October 25, 2008

Greetings from Hopkins

So, I'm here. Saline, Chemo, and some anti-nausea medicine are flowing--round 2 is underway. As usual, sleep is a little hard to come by in the hospital so I'm awake early and a bit tired. Otherwise, I know what to expect this time around and all is proceeding according to plan. When this is done I'll be one quarter of my way through the process with at least some hints that if my recovery from chemo goes as it did in round 1 it could actually speed up some!

I must say that I am routinely impressed by my care team here at Hopkins. My Doctors are quite good and clearly have reputations and abilities that rank them among the tops in the country. But more frequently I interact with the team of nurses that have been assigned to me. They are knowledgeable, attentive, and always armed with the "I don't know but I'll find out for you" answer and the energy to follow up with me.

On a side note, I must have received a cancer-patient promotion or something. My room is bigger than last time and I've got a water view! I'll try to take a picture when the sun comes up with my phone and post on the blogger site.

3 comments:

  1. Good morning,
    Room upgrade hunh? Word got out that a VIP was coming? The best for the best!!
    I'm heading out to get my glasses so I'll be able to view your site with ease. My sister and friend are coming to visit just for the weekend- need to tidy up a bit-ugh. I called a cleaning service also.
    It's great to know that you'll have a quarter of your treatment under your belt in just a few days. Yep! That may call for a limerick.

    Take care and tell Marla, Nolan and Audrey hello.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. room 10 must be for VIPs :-)
    the weather today didn't coorperate much for a picture with the rain though, maybe tomorrow...

    Good night again.
    -Marla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Russ, hope things are going well. Hey, after the Skins performance on Monday night, I think I will start to root for the Phillies, starting right now! Have a good day. Rob

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment and or ask questions when moved to do so. I will try to respond when and where appropriate.