Friday, February 20, 2009

Made It! Round 7 under way

Good Afternoon All:

The delay is over! My platelets crept over the 60,000 threshold and I was promptly whisked to a hospital room to begin round 7 of treatment.

This marks the beginning of a series of 'lasts'. This will be the last cycle A regimen that I will go through, my last hospital stay scheduled for 5 days, etc. I am definitely excited to be at this point finally.

I don't think that I actually posted an update regarding my little case of pneumonia. I had a CT Scan on Monday to re-assess how my lungs were doing and I learned that there was no further sign of pneumonia. I have a little bit of a lingering cough but certainly nothing to worry about.

--Russ.

2 comments:

  1. good news - are you really going to be back here sometime in March?

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Diane:

    That is the goal. This most recent delay with my platelets makes that a bit more difficult but I'd suspect that I'll be around at least in a part time fashion before the end of March.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment and or ask questions when moved to do so. I will try to respond when and where appropriate.