Wednesday, April 15, 2009

An Update

Good Afternoon All:

Well, I've gotten a run of good news following my brief hospitalization. First of all, I was only an inpatient about 24 hours and I came home around dinner time yesterday evening.

Today, I had a scheduled out-patient visit that was to serve as a follow up to the suspected infection that caused the fever that led to my hospitalization. I learned today that not only do my doctors and nurses feel that I probably don't have any infection, but my counts are up above critical levels to where my risk of infection is much lower. This should be the last time that I need to deal with the challenges of being neutropenic.

As a result I am able to make good on my plans to make my first appearance back at work tomorrow and to coach my son's baseball team during their first game this weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Neutropenic-- well, I learned a new word today! So glad you will be able to coach the baseball game this weekend. I hope you have good weather!

    Keep up the good cheer! We continue to be with you.

    Ronie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, that's great news. Don't forget to bring a juice box for Jobu this weekend.

    Greg

    ReplyDelete
  3. There will be no work for you at work tomorrow because you'll be too busy fending off all the well-wishers. ;)

    - Liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful rebounder you are!! We'll all be glad to see you at play and work!

    Marie

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment and or ask questions when moved to do so. I will try to respond when and where appropriate.