Thursday, April 8, 2010

My 100th Post!

Good Afternoon all:

As I logged in to type this out I noticed that I have made 99 posts in the past. If I'm doing my math correctly that makes this the 100th post. Certainly, I would have rather stopped at whatever number it was when I signed off. But, since I needed to crank them back up again I guess it is a milestone worth celebrating.

That celebration, however, pales to the one that I'm having when I write that I am going home today! I still don't have an immune system to speak of. My platelet counts are crashing almost daily so I have an almost daily need for transfusions. I'll be returning to Hopkins on a daily basis for monitoring and any further transfusions. And while all of that might fill me with trepidation, I can't help but feel relieved that I will be able to eat dinner with Marla, Nolan and Audrey each night, help the kids with their homework, tuck them into bed . . .a month of just missing that has been extremely difficult.

You know my propensity for writing more. I'd love to write more but that will have to wait for the next post--I need to pack.

As always, thanks for reading.

--Russ.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're home. No doubt the kids enjoy having their dad back doing dad things. :)

    - Liz

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment and or ask questions when moved to do so. I will try to respond when and where appropriate.